6 Simple Yet Incredibly Effective Fitness Tips to Stay Young After 40
Are you looking for some simple fitness tips to stay young after 40? If yes, then you have landed on the right page. Your body loses the muscle mass (after age 40) and oftentimes replaces it with fat. Over the time, your body loses the inherent neuromuscular coordination and causes an increased level of stiffness and reduces the natural body balance. Reflexes and coordination may even suffer from the biological changes that are associated with aging.
Luckily for you, a regular exercise schedule and a good nutrition plan can help you stay fit, healthy and look younger. In this context, here’s an in-depth elaboration of six simple yet incredibly effective fitness tips to stay young after 40.
6 Fitness Tips to Stay Young After 40
- Scale back the high-intensity workouts: Regular workouts can excellently insulate you from fatal heart diseases, Alzheimer’s, stroke, cancer, and diabetes. Furthermore, exercise reduces body fat, improves blood flow, lowers blood pressure, lowers “bad” cholesterol, raises “good” cholesterol, regulates key hormones, keeps intestines & the colon healthy. Apart from offering these reaps of benefits, some specific anti-aging workouts are the cornerstone of age prevention. Examples of such anti-aging workouts are consistent cardio, weight training, and yoga. But, while performing exercises, kindly remember that your body may not be able to tolerate high-intensity workouts as you age. Most of you may have earlier relied on high-intensity workouts in order to stay fit, lean, and thin. But, as you grow older, you need to scale back these high-intensity workouts and perform regular anti-aging exercises that can eventually help you look beautiful and younger.
- Walk regularly, and everywhere: Are you trying to be physically fit after age 40? If so, then you must dedicate some portions of your day-to-day schedule to walking. Walking is an excellent form of exercise; the longer and harder you walk, the more calories you burn. Once you’ve gained enough stamina, you are suggested to walk 3-4 miles a day in order to stay fit after 40.
Also note, walking provides a bunch of potential health benefits. For example, it can help you get fit, lose weight, boost your mood and more. Regular walking also reduces the possibility of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. It has even shown protective effects against dementia.
- Hydrate and nourish your skin: When you are in your late 30s or early 40s, you may be dealing with a drooping skin around your jawline and eyes. Plus, there will be a lack of luster, shine, and glow in your skin. For example, your eyes may appear hollow, your jawline is not as sharp and well-defined as it used to be, and your skin isn’t soft and supple anymore. So, what are the probable solutions to these problems?
Please note, it is really important to keep your skin hydrated and well-nourished in order to get a tighter, younger, and supple skin. As you age, your skin loses its ability to retain higher levels of water. That’s why it’s really essential to intake an adequate amount of water. Drinking water helps in losing excess weight, aids digestion, improves your concentration and energy and flushes the harmful toxins from your body.
All of these aforementioned attributes are paramount to get a good skin, hence make sure to stay hydrated. Also, do not forget to nourish your skin frequently.
- Make your diet more heart-healthy: When you get older, you will need to be cautious and mindful of your heart health. Following a heart-healthy diet is the most effective preventive measure that you should take. So, if you are looking for an effective heart-healthy diet plan, then you can try the slim fast diet. The clinically-proven slim fast diet plan comes with a range of protein-enriched products. The diet plan focuses more on high fiber and low cholesterol food in order to make sure that your heart is healthy.
- Get enough sleep: When you were in your twenties, 4 – 5 hours of sleep would have been enough. However, as you grow older, you need to schedule adequate sleep for each night. In general, you should plan 7 – 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Laugh often: Are you aware of the surprising facts about laughter? According to some researchers, laughter is the best medicine to help you feel better. As you probably know that laughter is an involuntary response. And, it is not something that you can force yourself to perform. Rather, laughter is considered to be triggered by natural mechanisms inside your brain and it impacts facial expressions, breathing patterns, and the muscles of your legs and arms.
Laughter stretches your muscles, burns excess calories, enhances immunity, improves sleep, and acts as a natural energy booster. Laughing for fifteen minutes can burn up to forty calories. Even more, laughing is beneficial for reducing stress levels as it can significantly lower the production of cortisol (stress hormone).